Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:11:12 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Roger Jansen' <roger@solair1.inter.NL.net>, Juergen Leising <a0037@stud.uni-bayreuth.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Partitions

	[ML]  If that is what you wish, you can safely throw away all
RedHat/DOS partitions (slices) in the FreeBSD slice editor, make just
one big slice and BSD partition it afterwards in partition editor (both
editors are parts of the FreeBSD installation program).

	Specifically, you cannot just reuse DOS slices and put FreeBSD
filesystems on them: DOS slices have to be subpartitioned so that
FreeBSD could put FFS filesystem on them (easily; there are ways to do
it, but it gets pretty involved, for no purpose).

	/Marino