Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 13:34:15 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        joeo@cracktown.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any DRI users with XFree86 4.0.3?

joeo@cracktown.com:
 |I'm not sure that the mga part of that device driver knows the ID of your
 |card.  These two are defined down in
 |
 |xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel/mga/mga_drv.c;
 |Do a scanpci and see what the vendor/device numbers are on your card.
 |
 |Also, I'm not certain if the PCI version of the mga cards will work under
 |the version of the DRI in XFree86 4.0.3, due to need to arbitrarily map
 |dma buffers after the system is running.  But I can't speak
 |authoritatively about that.

Ok, thanks.  I get the drm0 probe now.  But the mga module is not happy.
Despite the message, the agp module "is" being loaded beforehand.  I get
the same error even if I kldload agp, drm, and mga by hand (in that order).

Any other suggestions?  I'd sure like to get it working, and with some
pointers, am willing to play around with it.

   drm0: <Matrox MGA G200 PCI graphics accelerator> mem \
   0xe3000000-0xe37fffff,0xe38
   00000-0xe3803fff,0xe5000000-0xe5ffffff irq 10 at device 12.0 on pci0
   info: [drm] The mga drm module requires the agp module to function correctly
   Please load the agp module before you load the mga module
   device_probe_and_attach: drm0 attach returned 12

Thanks,

Randall

--
Randall Hopper