Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 23:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world bombs out?!

After following the threads on parallel buildworlds I decided to try it
for myself.  So I rm -rf'd /usr/obj (after chflags -R noschg /usr/obj),
tweaked /etc/make.conf (uncommented the CFLAGS line, as -pipe looked like
a good idea), and ran make -j2 world in /usr/src.  Strangely enough it
decided that it couldn't make /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/make.  After a few
make cleans, and buildworlds, I found that leaving out the -j2 seems to
allow it to build.  What's the story here?  Is there something else I'm
missing?

- alex