Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:53:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff <jeffr@san.rr.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM

I was able to set up APM. I added apm_enable and apmd_enable to rc.conf so
that this service would automatically start up, and that works fine now.

My problem is that while the laptop will successfully enter suspend mode,
and will wake up fine, it seems to freeze once the screen comes up again.
I am trying this in console mode. Once the machine wakes up, I get a
prompt, but it is totally unresponsive. Nothing will bring back control, I
am forced to hard reboot, which the file system just hates.

It is recognized during boot fine, as:

apm0 on isa
apm: found APM BIOS version 1.2

If I am missing anything brutally obvious here, again I would appreciate
any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jeff