Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 23:23:10 +0300
From:      Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
Subject:   Upgrading default Apache1.3 to Apache22 port??

Hi guys,

after Google'ing around a bit I managed to stumble across this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/ports-using.html

http://www.freebsddiary.org/portupgrade.php

what I am trying to achieve is to upgrade the currently install Apache
1.3.x port over to the Apache22 port. The Apach1x got installed through
some ports which I built which if am not mistaken was either Cacti or Munin.

Anyhow, previously when running these guys and more on Linux I've always
used Apache2x so it would be great to do the same here....

If I attempt to deinstall Apach1x the system tells me that I have to do
the same for all the dependencies too, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to upgrade cleanly and smoothly??

Many thanks,

Kaya