Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:48:21 -0800
From:      ritesh parmar <parmar@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   why is freebsd so unstable ???

Hello everybody.  I've just recently install Freebsd 5.1  on my system
(AD77 Infinity motherboard, Nvidia fx 5600, 512 Megs of ram).  I spent
an entire day configuring and  booting between freebsd and win2000. The
next day when i booted up my system ( after shutting it down with
 >shutdown -p now) it failed to boot up and said "Init: not found in
path."  I couldn't figure out a way around this so I re-installed it and
spent another day setting everything up. THE VERY NEXT DAY I started my
computer and  got the same error message? Does anybody know why this is
happening ?? Freebsd OS has its own 80 gig hard drive (with seagate's
track manager).

Is it possible to make a boot disk and then mount the freebsd partition
(to fix errors in the boot up script )?