Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:33:21 +0100
From:      Ed <edvard@post.omnitel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PLEASE HELP !!!(FLOPPY DEVICE) LAST HOPE !!!!!

            Hello people,
    I want to write my own OS(tiny) :-) and I have witten a boot loader
on assebler, but I can't to do an image to
    disk ! I wrote about it many times, but I still haven't correct
answer ! Can anybody help me?
    I am typing: "cat fname > /dev/fd0" or any other device "/dev/rfd0"
I tryed them all !!! I am getting:
    "cat: stdout: Invalid argument" ! I tryed: "dd if=fname of=/dev/fd0"
(with all floppy device files) I got:
    "dd: /dev/fd0: Invalid argument" ! What it's going ON !!! I can't
work with my comp normally !!!
    I tryed to remake floppy device: "cd dev; sh ./MAKEDEV fd 0" and "cd
/dev; sh ./MAKEDEV fd*"... etc.
    I got: "bad unit for disk in: fd" !  don't know what I have to do
now !?

    Please don't write answers like: "check your disk" or "your floppy
device is bad"(I can mount it, read-write files) or
    "floppy must be unmounted"

-- I am not dumb, in
this case(with my FreeBSD) I need a professional answer.

    Many thanks for reading - Ed