Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:39:11 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Coverity problems?

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:12:27PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> These numbers seem strange and out of proportion. I know there has been
>> prior cooperation with Coverity - is this just old data?
>
> IIRC Coverity is not tracking our use of their software, at least in
> those statistics.  Someone was telling me yesterday that was because
> we have our own copy of the Coverity server which we use, rather than
> accessing the one on their site that generates the statistics.
>
> Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct; we've had a private coverity server doing nightly runs
long before coverity setup this service (the project has their own
license through the FreeBSD Foundation).  I have no idea why coverity
continues to do freebsd runs as the results are also not meaningful
because their default models generate false positives that we've long
since filtered out.

	Sam