Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:15:51 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Further Xorg regressions

--JWEK1jqKZ6MHAcjA

On 2009-Apr-15 22:15:02 -0500, Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> [...]
=2Eso: Undefined symbol "exaDriverAlloc"

>> >You did recompile xf86-video-ati, right?
>>=20
>> Yes.  That was the first thing I checked.
>
>Ok, so something is out of sync with your ports tree is all that I can
>come up with.  I'm running on the radeon driver from ports right now...
>
>The missing symbol is provided by the server port.
>
>balrog% nm libexa.so|grep exaDriverAlloc
>0000000000004aa0 T exaDriverAlloc

But that library isn't automatically loaded (ie a static runtime
dependency) by either the X server or radeon_drv.so so it may have
been a dlopen() issue.  I haven't re-tested since re-building since
I didn't want to have to reboot and radeon wasn't a high priority
(my GPU is supposed to be supported by radeonhd).

On 2009-Apr-15 20:49:44 -0700, vehemens <vehemens@verizon.net> wrote:
>The ati driver works fine on my amd64 7.2 system with a HD 2600 pro with a=
=20
>fairly recent snap of src and ports.

That's a useful datapoint.  Possibly it's an interaction between X and
-current.

>Suggest that you rebuild as a minimum, the  xserver and ati ports.  If tha=
t=20
>doesn't work, rebuild the ports tree from scratch.

A fresh install of X onto an Aspire One (Intel i945GME) behaved in
exactly the same manner using both the VESA and i915 drivers. I have
tried rebuilding Xserver with and without HAL, I've tried disabling
DRM and disabling acceleration.

So far, the only thing that has worked is to revert xorg-server and
the x11-drivers ports to 1st April (though I lose DRM access on the
Radeon HD2400).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--JWEK1jqKZ6MHAcjA