Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:12:03 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .html problems

On Monday 31 January 2005 18:50, kip winston wrote:
> we can transfer files to a freebsd server from XP.
>
> Everythime we try to upload index.html it goes from 850kb to 828kb
>
> and it always displays the same text index directory???
>
> is that o the XP side or free bsd side...
>
> I see the new file on the BSD server, but the same crappy index of/ page
> keeps coming up...

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here but anyway...

I found that uploading in ASCII mode can change the line endings from DOS to
UNIX and similar. This may be where your missing bytes are coming from.

As for 'index of /' page, sometimes it will only accept index.htm not
index.html. This can be changed in the config file for Apache though.

Hope I'm answering the right question.

--
/Xian

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is
shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
Albert Einstein