Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:47:48 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Dan Larsson <support@junglenote.com>
Cc:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SV: Port of midgard-project?

well it compiles with a minimal amount of tweaking, you'll need to
install the port of mysql-client and hack the 'configure' script
in the midgard-lib package by adding 2 lines look in the script
for this:

# Check whether --with-mysql or --without-mysql was given.
if test "${with_mysql+set}" =3D set; then
  withval=3D"$with_mysql"
 =20
  if test "$withval" !=3D "yes" -a "$withval" !=3D "no"; then
    CPPFLAGS=3D"$CPPFLAGS -I$withval/include"
    LDFLAGS=3D"$LDFLAGS -L$withval/lib"
  fi

fi

CPPFLAGS=3D"$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include/mysql"
LDFLAGS=3D"$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib/mysql"

^^^-- add these two.

I don't have time currently to test this thing out,
does it look interesting enough for anyone to make a
port out of it?  It's quite easy to build... testing
is another matter.

you'll probably want to install apache-php port as well.

good luck,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]