Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:59:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: minicom

On 15:09:14 Doug White wrote:
>>On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Bryan K. Ogawa wrote:
>
>Just for explanation:  seyon, an X based communications application, uses
>the xterm program for it's terminal window.  So you get the emulation
>that's built into the program you use.  You could configure seyon (using x
>resources) to use rxvt if you prefer rxvt over the generic xterm (or use
>color_xterm or whatever you want).  You would get the emulation that's
>built into rxvt as well as it's features (or lack thereof in the case of
>rxvt).

Doug,

OK, and thats essentially what I was trying to accomplish (and what works
for me on Linux) by running minicom in an rxvt.  Exactly.  And, as you suggest
above, it does act quite differently (as expected) if run in an xterm (its reall
not usable actually).  I've also tried using different shells in the rxvt.  Is t
here
something else along those lines that I should be trying, or is minicom not
likely to give me that accurate emulation in an rxvt because its really a port
of a Linux app?  Is that the key here?

Paul