Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 20:55:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Walters <hannibal@cyberstation.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   real audio over network doesn't work?

Does anyone have raplayer 3.0 working over the network?  I can play files
I've already downloaded, but as far as real time streaming it's a no go,
just gives error 50 (cannot open audio device) and quits.  (This is with
both our realaudio server and realaudio.com itself..)  I'm running
3.0-current (2 days old), but I don't think it has worked in a few
months...

Boot probe messages:
sb0 at 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbxvi0 at 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbmidi0 at 0x330-0x331 irq 5 on isa
sbmidi0: <SoundBlaster 16 MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388-0x38b irq 31 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>

Kernel config:
controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
options	"SBC_IRQ=5"
device sbxvi0   at isa? port? irq? drq 5 conflicts
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330 irq? conflicts
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388 conflicts

I've got a ktrace also, but it has a lot of errors...  Does raplayer work
in 2.2?  I've been thinking of downgrading anyway..

Dan Walters
hannibal@cyberstation.net