Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:28:32 -0300
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh keepalive and dynamic rules

Hello,
	On a bridging firewall using ipfw I noticed that ssh
conections get hung after an inactivity period.

	On some tests, tcpdumping the connection between two FreeBSD
machines, both client and server with ssh "KeepAlive yes", I don't
see any kind of keep alive traffic.

	dyn_ack timeout could be raised, but doesn't seem a proper
solution.

	Any ideas on why ssh is not sending keepalive packets?

	Thanks!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Planificación de red y tecnología
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.