Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:01:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Latnlvr32k@cs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4 install

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 Latnlvr32k@cs.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:43:49 EDT
> Subject: 4.4 install
>
> On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 07:29 , Latnlvr32k@cs.com wrote:
>
> >   I've recently finished downloading  the 4.4 ISO image of install CD
> > #1, now
> > that i have the complete file, do i just write it to a cd and then use
> > as a
> > normal install cd or are there some special steps i need to take to
> > make it
> > work correctly? Any help you can give me on this would be greatly
> > appreciated.     Thank You.
> >

> FOLLOW UP:
>
>        Thank you for all the responses to my dilemna. I'm still without a
> solution; I am pretty much a newbie to FreeBSD, i am still running Windows Me
> as my OS, and that is what i used to download the 4.4 image. Now i've tried
> using Adaptec Easy CD Creator to create the image and then burn it to a cd to
> use as my install cd but i'm still without any luck. I am at a loss, please
> help me.

A friend who experienced a similar dillema in win98 used a program called
'nero' to burn ISOs. Aparently, it does it correctly (burns the image,
doesnt just create a data cd containing the big ISO file) by default. A
quick search on www.download.com turns it up.

Hope that helps. He had trouble with the Adaptec tool as well. I dunno,
I've never used either, but he said Nero worked like a charm.

Good luck - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg