Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:58:27 -0500
From:      Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'make world' dying in sbin/atm/atm

John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au> wrote:

} > >My world build (make -DNOAOUT -DNOCLEAN world, /usr/obj clean, fairly fresh
}                                      ^
}                                      |
} The problem here is -----------------+
}
} People mistakenly believe that they can use -DNOCLEAN if /usr/obj is
} clean. That is not so. The build behaves differently. I would prefer
} the build to test if the objdir is clean and not do the recursive
} clean.

Yes, that seems to have fixed things up nicely.  Thank you for pointing out
my error.  Now I understand why no one else was having this problem (I had
suspected pilot error but hadn't considered this was the source).  I will
definitely not make this mistake again.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu	| SE Lab - 1117 Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz/	| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu/