Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        DarKnight <Darknight@Biosys.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: enabling two of the same nic's on one box

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, DarKnight wrote:

> I've got two 3c509's in my box and wish to enable the second one, the
> first one is seen and configured correctly and the second is seen aswell
> it says something like "2 boards at 0x350 and 0x300" which is what i've
> got each configured at but the second one doesn't initialize, any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

Make sure:

1.  Plug&Play is off on that board, and you have set up the IRQ & port
using the setup utility.
2.  Built a new kernel with

device ep1 at isa? port XXX irq YY ...

replacing X and Y with the appropriate values from 1.

NOTICE:  Make sure your mailer replies to dwhite@resnet or I won't get it!