Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:27:45 -0700
From:      Ben Blier <bblier@trynetics.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RAID-1 pre-install question

I am having trouble setting up the partitions for my hardware=
 RAID-1
(a Promise RAID controller) with the latest version of FreeBSD.

My partitions come up as ad4 ad6 and ar0. When I try and=
 partition
the ad4 drive with the normal partitons it gives me the error=
 that it
"cant write partition info to the disk." When I try and partition=
 the
ar0, it will write the partition info successfully. But after=
 it's
done trying to write a file to it will give me the error of "not=

enough space left on the disk."

Maybe it's just because I've never set a hardware RAID on FreeBSD=

before but can anybody give me a hint how to set this up so it=
 will
work :)

Thanks,

Ben Blier