Date:      Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:20:20 GMT
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/84453: bsd_seeotheruids root user exempt from policy

The following reply was made to PR docs/84453; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To: Mark Linimon <linimon@FreeBSD.org>,
 glaive@vaned.net
Cc: freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org,
 freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:11:37 +0100

 On 1 Aug 2005, at 21:27, Mark Linimon wrote:

 > Synopsis: bsd_seeotheruids root user exempt from policy
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-doc
 > Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Aug 1 21:27:15 GMT 2005
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 > This sounds like a problem with the Handbook.

 More information is required.  Simply loading the kernel module is
 not enough; the sysctl security.mac.seeotheruids.enabled must be set
 to 1 for the policy to be active.

 Could the submitter please post the output of "sysctl -a | grep
 security.mac" on the affected system?

 Ceri
 not sure about the former.                        -- Einstein (attrib.)