Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 02:57:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fonts with .bdf extension

I have been trying to install some Thai fonts for use with Netscape. I've
found many how-to's about post script fonts, but these fonts have a ".bdf"
filename extension and I'm unsure how to use them.

I've tried putting them in their own directory in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
via sym link, and I've tried linking the individual font files into
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, then using 'xset fp rehash'. This has no
observable effect.

Can I use .bdf fonts? What are they? and How can I use them?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

    / \  / \ / | / \    / \    University of Washington  ()
    | | / / / /  |  \   | |      Chemical Engineering    /\
    | |\ \ \ \   | |  \   |  I bask in my own insignificance.