Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:14:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dummynet configured.

alright, I've got dummynet configured and it seems to give each user
his/her fair share of bandwidth on my limited ADSL connection, but now
I've got one more problem. I would like to also give certain interactive
services a dedicated amount of bandwidth when it's needed. Things like dns
and ssh are still jumpy at best (however if multiple downloads to
different machines are running, they work great). Can anyone help me out
here?

here are my current dummynet settings (which seem to be working fine with
ipfilter and ipnat running as my firewall and nat, all actual ip's are
represented by x.x.x.x)

ipfw add queue 1 ip from any to x.x.x.x/24 in via de0
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 608Kbit/s
ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 30 mask dst-ip 0x000000ff

Thanks.

Ken