Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:50:54 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wpeters@xylan.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxp0 vs. 3.0?

I got my 3.0 disks in the mail yesterday, and of course hurried to work
this morning to upgrade my FreeBSD workstation.  This is a Trashiba
Equium 7000S, Pentium II/266, with onboard Intel EEPro.  dmesg output
finds:

fxp0: <Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B Ethernet> rev 0x05 int a irq 10 on pci0.16.0
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:00:39:09:79:0c

Whenever I attempt it ifconfig fxp0, the system immediately hangs, no
keyboard, nothing.  Completely dead in the water.

Has this been noted before with 3.0?  Any help?

Please reply directly to me, as the account you normally know me by is
currently lost.  ;^)

--
Wes Peters                                          Who's going to save you
Principal Engineer                                   When you're a slave to