Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:46:28 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Paul <tribble@tribble.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: erk

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 01:01:32PM -0600, Paul wrote:

> ok.. sorry to bug you with this but i've search freebsdrocks.com,
> daemonnews.org, etc. etc. and can't find this anywhere.  I remember seeing
> some environment variable that you can set to force a port to install
> under a certain directory hierarchy.  would you be able to tell me what
> that is?
>
> basically i want to install the new apache + php + mod_perl and maybe
> mysql from ports instead of how i usually do it (long, arduous tinkering
> with apache source).  but i don't want it to install all over my
> /usr/local tree, i just want it all to install into /usr/local/newapache
> or somesuch.

Is this what you are looking for? From /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:

   # Various directory definitions and variables to control them.
   # You rarely need to redefine any of these except WRKSRC
   # and NO_WRKSUBDIR.
   #
   # X11BASE   - Where X11 ports install things (default: /usr/X11R6).
   # LOCALBASE - Where non-X11 ports install things (default: /usr/local).
   # PREFIX    - Where *this* port installs its files (default: ${X11BASE}
   #		 if USE_X_PREFIX is set, otherwise ${LOCALBASE}).

> Regards,
> Paul
> <tribble@tribble.net>
> http://www.tribble.net/
>
> "Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls
> done, In kernel as it is in user!" -fortune

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?