Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:56:05 -0700
From:      "Brent Wiese" <brently@bjwcs.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Proxy-arp not working right

I have a 4.5 box w/ the GENERIC kernel loaded.

I've installed mpd and can connect via pptp from a win2k box.

I can see that mpd adds the proxyarp ip entry, however, other machines
on the same subnet can't ping the IP and the win2k box can't ping them.

The FreeBSD box and win2k box ping each other fine.

I can see the arp entry using arp -a:
? (192.168.187.150) at 0:90:27:88:62:dc on fxp0 permanent published
(proxy only) [ethernet]

I can also see the arp entry in my router, but the router cannot ping
it. I've confirmed it is the correct MAC.

I used the exact same account on the win2k box to pptp to a snapgear vpn
box (it runs poptop) and it worked fine, so I believe everything is
correct on the win2k side.

Am I missing something? Any more info I can provide?

Brent