Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 21:08:58 +0200
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        Nicholas Bernstein <nick@docmagic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Errata emails

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:59:34AM -0700, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
>I was wondering if someone could point me to the mailing list, assuming
>there is one, where errata announcements are made. I'm thinking "new
>patch for $program released today" type emails. Is something like this
>available?=20

You can browse all available FreeBSD related mailinglists (by name and topi=
c) here:

All I can think about is the freebsd-announce list, but it does not announc=
e new program versions.
Usually the FreeBSD tree does not update 'per program'. They release emerge=
ncy updates in case of security- or other severe bugs. The releases FreeBSD=
 does include newer versions of the entire source tree, but releases are ca=
refully scheduled and don't just happen because of one program update.

What kind of information are you looking for exactly, or, put otherwise, wh=
at are you trying to accomplish if you were given these kinds of announceme=
nts ?

With regards,
 Stephan (just another FreeBSD enthousiast)

--=20
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
"If you are adminstering UNIX systems and don't master tools
such as make, shell, and perl, then you are working too hard."
  -- Wietse Venema. Fri, 12 Dec 2003

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS--