Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:01:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        nectar@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SDSL in Silicon Valley

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 nectar@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> So don't use BellSouth.Net.  For example, in the Greater New Orleans
> area, try a local provider such as Verio.  BellSouth's ADSL architecture
> really has made the playing field very level for all ISPs (surprising,
> I know).

Don't be surprised.  They are being forced into that position.  Welcome to
being an FCC regulated monopoly.  Bell Atlantic has six months in each new
market they enter for testing, then ADSL must be made widely available for
usage by all.

Jamie Bowden

--
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)