Date:      Thu, 08 May 1997 16:05:37 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha questions..

In message <Pine.NEB.3.95.970506142039.11249A-100000@cold.org> Brandon Gillespie writes:
: Two questions... First, is there going to be an alpha mailing list I could
: subscribe to, to keep an ear on the alpha development?  In about six
: months I plan on picking up an alpha workstation just 'for the heck of
: it', but only if I can put FreeBSD (in any form :b) on it..

freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org should be what you want.  Send mail to
majordomo to get subscribed.

: The other question is, are there any plans to have digital unix binary
: emulation?

There are currently no plans made that would preclude this
possibility.  NetBSD and OpenBSD have nice ultrix emulation modules
that should be realtaively easy to adapt when the time gomes.  Given
the superior compiler technology that I'm given to believe that
Digital has for its Alpha stuff (compared to gcc), this would not be
an unreasonable thing to try to accomplish.

Warner