Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:34:16 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@itlegion.ru>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What ATA RAID5 cards are actually fully supported in 5.2?

Hi!

I have bought 3Ware 8506 for the production server and
a HighPoint RocketRaid 404 for the less important server.
Both support RAID 5.

I have installed 5.2 in 3Ware without any problems.

As for  HighPoint RAID5 it figures that FreeBSD 5.2 does not have
any support for RAID5 made by RocketRaid 404. I man, 5.2
sees only idividual disks and there is not manufacturers' driver
for 5.2 yet.

Can anyone give me a lis of PARALLEL ata RAID 5 controllers which
are fully supported by FreeBSD (i mean FreeBSD sees RAID5 array as
a single disk and can be installed into it).

Maybe someone could solve HPT374 problem too.

Regards,
Artem Kuchin
General Director of IT Legion Ltd.
Russia, Moscow