Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:00:33 -0700
From:      "Jacob S. Barrett" <jbarrett@amduat.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: S3 in Dell Notebooks

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:58 pm, "Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN]"
<esn@x123.info> wrote:
> I have a Dell i8500 (A06 Bios) and i am trying to get to work the acpiconf
> -s 3 (Susped) system but the notebook just reboots, any one know how to fix
> this issue?

Setting hw.acpi.reset_video to 0 fixed this problem on my I8000.  Still have
problems with S3 not really suspending though and eating just as much battery
as it would if left on.  It also heats up pretty quick so I think the CPU is
just spinning on something and since it thinks it is suspended the fans never
kick in.  I think there are deeper problems with S3 and the Dell laptops.

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett@amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."