Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:27:06 +0200
From:      "Jochen Fahrner" <freebsd@fahrners.de>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on iMac G3

Hi,

> Given the error message, it's worth a try at least.  The sysctl is for
> ignoring the mmap checks, and is most needed by the Radeon driver, but
> given the error message, it would probably work for the Rage as well.

Ok, I will give it a second try. Just deleted my Gentoo
installation. ;-)

But the Gentoo boot disc has a nice mac-fdisk. So you can get rid of
the dozens of tiny slices that Apple disk utility creates on the disk
(for booting OS 9 and such things).

Can someone mail me the HFS bootloader mentioned here?
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ppc/2008-October/003256.html

It's not on the sources from cd. And cvsup-without-gui cannot be
installed on PPC. (why that?)
I first want to try if the basic things work, before I do the long
Xorg compile.

Jochen