Date:        Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:49:13 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Kristoph Yates <kyates@wspice.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssl port broken?

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 03:13:37PM -0500, Kristoph Yates wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install the openssl port and I get the following
> error (see below).
> Its like the damn filename doesn't exist in the port's Makefile.  This
> is the absolute latest version.  I just re cvsup'd to make sure I had
> the latest. What am I supposed to do now?  When the hell will the
> FreeBSD community receive a working set of ports?  I waste more time
> dicking with these stupid things.. the idiocy of RedHat Linux is getting
> more and more appealing every day.  Personally, I wish to continue
> supporting FreeBSD but it seems like the whole operation is slowly
> becoming less organized, even though more money and support continues to
> flow in.  Who knows.. certainly not me..

It works just fine for me so it is probably your setup that is broken rather
than the ports system. Personally I find the ports collection to not only be
working but working quite well. So the answer to your question about when
FreeBSD will receive a working set of ports is IMO that we already have one.