Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:57:41 +0200
From:      Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
Cc:        "Russell D. Murphy, Jr." <rdmurphy@vt.edu>, Stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.5-stable breakage: kernel and arc4random?

Ha, this *just* happened to me 5 minutes ago!

I do believe that you need to do a "make installworld" to install the
new version of the libraries (specifically libc in this case) before you
can build the kernel.  The handbook says not to reboot after doing the
installworld and before rebuilding and installing a new kernel.

-Mike