Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:02:46 +0100
From:      "Jimmy Hjelm" <jimbo99@telia.com>
To:        "Uriel Ash" <unmash@earthlink.net>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Drivers for modem

> I am trying to install a modem on my machine running FreeBSD. I cannot
> find a driver for it. I have a Conexant V.90 telephony modem (with
> voice) for Windows NT (as well as 98). I believe it is made by either
> Astek or US Robotics.

Unfortunately, your modem seems to be a so called winmodem, for which there
are no solutions for any other OS than MS(!), since the modem is software
controlled, and the software exists only for MS, and the specs aren't open.
See

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

for more information.  And

 http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/20000225a.html

for a big list of win-/nonwin- modems.

/Jimmy

P.S.  I assume your modem is internal(?)   There are external 'conexant'
modems as well, but I think there would be no problems with those.