Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:00:37 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adobe Flash Player Petition

--Sig_/tlUXGE.rr_jYI.Q9L.5sCD_

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:15:50 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> > PLEASE CONTACT ADOBE. TELL THEM TO RELEASE A FLASH PLUGIN FOR
> > FREEBSD.
> >There are more and more websites you cannot even enter without a
> >running Flash Player.
>=20
> so don't watch them. their author definitely are not interested in=20
> providing real information, as it can't go without flash.
>=20
> while there is a lot of pages that are unreadable without flash, non
> of them contain useful informations.

I find that assumption grossly inaccurate. I have experienced
difficulties numerous times trying to access financial institutions
without a working flash plug-in. I just had another bad experience with
a linksys site using Opera:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=3DL_CASupport_C1&childpagename=
=3DUS%2FLayout&cid=3D1175238286492&pagename=3DLinksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWra=
pper&lid=3D8649286492H30&displaypage=3Ddownload

The lack of an easy to install and maintain flash program is one of the
main reasons I maintain a WinXP machine. Not the only reason perhaps,
but nevertheless an important one.

> > If many of the BSD community ask for it, they probably will=20
> >release a BSD Version..
>=20
> they should do it alone, not be asked for it. they know that FreeBSD=20
> exist, and they know that it's just matter of recompiling. But they
> don't release FreeBSD version. so they don't willingly.
>=20
> They are not idiots, and they already calculated well if providing
> FreeBSD version will be good for them of not.
>=20
>=20
> don't be anyone's slave and simply don't use this crap at all.
> whatever you use freebsd or not

--=20
Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net

God help those who do not help themselves.

	Wilson Mizner

--Sig_/tlUXGE.rr_jYI.Q9L.5sCD_

--Sig_/tlUXGE.rr_jYI.Q9L.5sCD_--