Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 01:43:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <hummel@www.buffalostate.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp on worldnet

I will probably just switch to a more cooperative provider, but in the
mean time worldnet is free, and I'm a little determined since their tech
support says it can't be done. My question is, has anyone recently used
user ppp to connect to worldnet? The pedantic primer says the example
config was tested on worldnet, but it's not working for me. The best I can
make out from the log is that I'm getting a chap failure. I confess that
I'm ignorant about chap, so it could be something stupid.
 I have also tried the ppp.conf.sample and iij to no avail. Which of
these is the closest thing to something that might work? I'm really not
looking for somebody to spend a lot of time with a huge answer (because
I'll probably switch ISP's), but if someone has used this with worldnet
recently, an example config would be cool. (Besides, I thought it was
interesting that they were so uncooperative. They think I'm gonna let all
my buddies hook to the net through my machine I guess.)
Thanks,
Dave