Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:40:47 -0400
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        Dave Rideout <drideout@cssnow.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Documentation

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 at 11:38:54 -0400, Dave Rideout wrote:
> I know this might be a little off topic, but I am going to ask,
> because I respect the decisions of a lot of people on this list :)
>
> My boss wants our IT system to be thoroughly documented.  Is there an
> industry standard way of doing this?  Or a template that I can look
> at?

DocBook would probably give you the most flexibility as far as
generating different types of documents goes.  You'd be able to generate
plain text, HTML, PostScript, and PDF if you used it and did things
correctly.

If you do decide to use DocBook, take a look at http://www.docbook.org/
and the FreeBSD doc project's source tree.  You can find it online at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -