Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 15:10:56 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems after PAO -> 2.2.5 stable

> > Tuple #6, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
> >     000:  21 08 aa 60 f8 02 07
> >         Config index = 0x21
> >         Card decodes 10 address lines, 8 Bit I/O only
> >                 I/O address # 1: block start = 0x2f8 block length = 0x8
>
> You left out the part of the 'supported IRQs' or whatever it says.

Ah.  No, I didn't - there isn't one.

Does this mean that pccardd will prefer the IRQ from the CIS tuple over
that from the pccard.conf file?

> > This *works*.  To me, it is clear that the IRQ parameter from the
> > pccard.conf entry is being propagated to the sio probe/attach.
>
> Yes, but in the CIS tuple, some cards claim to support only some
> interrupts, so if you use a different interrupt for that index then they
> don't work.

Which component "doesn't work"?  The card has no idea which IRQ it's
triggering, and AFAIK the pcic doesn't interpret the CIS, nor does the
kernel, so I can't see anything other than pccardd that's at fault
here...

mike