Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:18:30 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: little translation problems II

On Wednesday, October 11, 2000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
> Q1) "Use the CTM facility" (= the functions provided by it);
>                  ^^^^^^^^

   This is correct.

> Q2) "[...] [developers] giving the users a chance to respond if they
> have any issues to raise concerning the proposed change."
>          ^^^^^^
>
> Both meaning of "issue" (=important problem; important topic.) seem to
> be present here. Is this correct/intended ?

   Yes.

> Q3) "CTM does not interactively compare the sources you have with
> those on the master archive or otherwise pull them across.."

> I seem to understand:
> "CTM neither compares [...] nor pulls them across in any
> other/different way"

   This is the correct meaning of the sentence.  CTM does not
pull any sources that you have for any reason.

> Q4) "If you inadvertently wipe out portions of your archives [...]"
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> I seem to understand that "inadvertently" = "by accident"
> (alternatively, it may also mean "unintentionally" in the Q4 context).

   ``If you make a mistake and wipe out part of your archives
...''

   So basically "inadvertently" can be replaced with "by
accident" or "unintentionally" in that sentence.

> Q5) "If you wipe out some portion of your source tree [...] with
> anoncvs [you will have to] simply delete the bad bits and resync.
>                                              ^^^
> "bad" bits (?)= partly damaged; partly corrupted.

   Yes.

--