Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 11:20:04 -0500
From:      chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu
To:        chrisc@MAIL.bbcc.ctc.edu
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPS

On Jan 5,  2:08pm, Chris Coleman wrote:
}
} On Fri Jan  5 09:13:52 1996 chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu wrote:
} >>        I just ordered a APC Smart UP for my FreeBSD System (of course
} >this was through typical government channel so it may take awhile). I'd
} >be more than willing to help out on any group effort to develp something
} >for these UPS. I had intended on developping something on my own using
} >what J^vrg Wunsch had done but I'd much rather work with other people on
} >it.
} >
} >--
} >Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
} >22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &
} >Whitesboro, NY 13492 			                     Programming
}
} I have a APC smart UPS 600 also, i would like to get into the action of helping out on it.  My
} Boss is pushing me to get it compatable in a hurry.
}
} Chrisc@mail.bbcc.ctc.edu
}-- End of excerpt from Chris Coleman

	I got permission from my superiors to use the government equipment
to help with testing/writing any applications for out smart UPS. J^vrg Wunsch's
stuff is pretty impressive. The package came with my 2.1 in the xperiment
directory.