Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 00:05:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   WTF?  sendmail.cf in 2.2 hoses multiple domains?

I just upgraded a system to 2.2, from 2.1.5.  I opted to do a clean
install, and copy over what I needed.  The system servs many domains, but
now with the 'new' sendmail.cf suddenly sendmail is refusing anything but
the base domain.  I have usually just listed multiple domains with a
sendmail.cw file, pointed to in sendmail.cf with the line:

Fw-o /etc/sendmail.cw

I noticed that the newer sendmail.cf already did this, so I didn't bother
changing ANYTHING in the sendmail config file.  My interfaces are setup
with the multiple domains just fine--everything else works from virtual
servers to whatnot.  But when I email to these other domains sendmail
bounces the messages, with the bogus message:

553 roundrocks.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
554 <roundrocks-request@roundrocks.com>... Local configuration error

It is NOT an MX problem, they are setup correctly.  Yeah, of course the
mail loops back to itself, that is what it SHOULD be doing.  Is it just
ignoring the sendmail.cw file?  WTF is the problem?  I solved it for now
by just grabbing my old sendmail.cf file, but I'd like to know whats up
with the new one?

-Brandon Gillespie