Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:45:48 -0700
From:      "Balaji, Pavan" <pavan.balaji@intel.com>
To:        "'Vijay Patel'" <talkwithpatel@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: To keep running java code in background after logout

First of all I'm surprised that the code was still running in the background
in Linux after you logout. Probably, you mean, you close the terminal window
and not logout.

Anyway, try using "nohup <command>"... It might help..

Pavan Balaji,
Intel Corporation
Email: pavan.balaji@intel.com

    "Only the Paranoid Survive"  --  Andy Grove