Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      thomas@hentschel.net
To:        Richard Evans <Richard.Evans@quantum.com>
Cc:        Michael DeFuria <Michael.Defuria@quantum.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP on PwerEdge 6400

	Hi,

	sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation for a bit :)

	I have a quad xon 6400, the relevant lines are :

	# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
	options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
	options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

	options         NCPU=4                  # number of CPUs
	options         NBUS=5                  # number of busses
	options         NAPIC=1                 # number of IO APICs
	options         NINTR=36                # number of INTs

	for some reason, it took a bit experimenting until I got it
	working.

	HTH,

	-Th