Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:23:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Arnet Smartport

I've been digging through the archives trying to find something on
configuring the Arnet Smartport for FreeBSD-2.2.6 but never found a
solution.  I did see alot of suggestions, tho.

After hunting around on the web I've come to the conclusion that it's
going to require it's own driver since it's a smart card.  No I'm not
volunteering, if I did write one my employer wouldn't allow me to release
it anyway so it wouldn't do anyone any good.  The main purpose of this
message is to get into the archives that a driver is needed and just
defining COM_MULTIPORT and adding the sio entries into the conf file
won't do it.  Hopefully this will save someone alot of digging.  This
only pertains to the smartport, I believe the multiport is a dumb card
and may very well work with sio.

If on the other hand someone has the Smartport working on FreeBSD, I'd
sure like to hear from them!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow