Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:44:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Roz Griston <roslyn_griston@sunshine.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 1997 at 08:03:26PM -0800, Roz Griston wrote:
> >
> >> With that in mind, I'd like to solicit suggestions for a new one, one
> >> which will also be added to the new "advertising banner" that I'm
> >> having done for the likes of Yahoo and UGU, who use it in their
> >> rotational adverts (do a net search for "linux" on yahoo sometime and
> >> you'll see it there :-), and to the picture at the top of
> >> www.freebsd.org.
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > FreeBSD - simply networking for the new millenium.
>
> This reminds me of something.  FreeBSD is the grandson of 4.2BSD,
> right, the operating system which paved the way for the Internet.
> There should be some catchy phrase with that, but so far it's eluded
> me.  Something like
>
>   FreeBSD - the operating system of the Internet
>
> I'm sure somebody can improve on this.
>
> Greg

If I remember correctly the old homepage had something like:

FreeBSD: The internet starts here.

What comes to mind is:

FreeBSD: 2000 overproof internet

or

FreeBSD: Free spirit of the internet.

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."