Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:14:02 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How do I fix the ethernet card I/O address (?)

Greetings again folks.

I'm new to FreeBSD, so please go easy on me.  I definitely am a novice
at FreeBSD configuration & installation and this explains (at least in
part) why I screwed it up the first time around.

Anyway, late last night, after getting past a minor problem with a
bad boot floppy, I got the whole FreeBSD 2.2.2 system (from the
Walnut Creek CD ROM) nicely custom configured and installed on my
hard disk.

Now there is only one fly in the ointment.

During the hardware configuration part of the install, I screwed up
and failed to adjust the I/O address for my Ethernet card (a simple
NE2000 compatible).  I _did_ properly set the IRQ for the card, but
sadly, I left the base I/O address set to 0x280 for FreeBSD, and the
card itself is actually set to address 0x300.

So can somebody please tell me how to fix the base I/O address for the
card in FreeBSD?  I imagine this must be simple to do, but I haven't
a clue as to how to do it.  I tried re-entering the menu-based install
stuff, but I couldn't manage to navigate to anywhere that looked like
it was going to allow me to change this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) demo: http://monkeys.com/cgi-bin/wpoison