Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:08:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        Greg Fichter <gfichter@bridgenet-is.com>
Cc:        nadav@barcode.co.il, questions@freebsd.org, tomdea@ix.netcom.com, acton@opentext.com
Subject:   Re: NFS

Hmmm, I don't do much freeBSD server NFS stuff, I mainly use it as a
client.  As I client, I have reached 8+ MB/second, but of course, that
doesn't have any real bearing on your application, since you need server.

Did you try the options like TCP or UDP, version 3 vs version 2, and check
nfsstat on the freebsd server to see what it says?