Date:      Sat, 31 May 1997 19:23:07 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        "Bob Clay, 619/822-0555" <rclay@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem/serial port/PPP question

On Sat, 31 May 1997, Bob Clay, 619/822-0555 wrote:

> If I have an internal modem installed as Com3, IRQ 5, do I have to enable
> sio2 to get it working with PPP?  Note that when I enable si02, the device
> is not seen during the boot probe.  I'm running 2.2.1 on a 486.  Any tips
> on getting PPP working with an internal modem will be appreciated.

i've had some problems with internal modems with some older motherboards.
but it should be detected - make sure nothing conflicts with its port
address (and make sure it's correct) and IRQ.  btw, is it's port address
where the kernel is looking for it?

check your jumpers, or flash.  does DOS find it (if you have it)?
 Sleep: a sign a caffeine deprivation ... http://www.anchorage.net/~un_x