Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:04:48 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Ted Johnson <whatawonderfulworldweliveintoo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where Are All These Files Located?

--------------enig038AA0FD11C319CAA378537D

Ted Johnson wrote:
> Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> wrote:=20
> Ted Johnson writes:
>=20
>>  "BSD and FreeBSD: You should go to the /etc directory and edit=20
>>  the /etc/daily, /etc/weekly, and /etc/monthly scripts and change the =

>>  'rotate()' script function to change the log permissions on
>>  rotation."
>=20
>  "find -x / -name daily" should give you the answer.
>=20
> Yeah, I tried that. It didn't work. Files must be referencing something=
 else, by different name. Any other ideas?

They don't exist by default any more, but if you *create*
/etc/{daily,weekly,monthly}.local, then they will get run as part of the
appropriate periodic tasks.  See:

     /etc/periodic/daily/999.local
     /etc/periodic/weekly/999.local=20
     /etc/periodic/monthly/999.local

     grep _local /etc/defaults/periodic.conf

However, why wouldn't you just setup /etc/newsyslog.conf to rotate your
logfiles?  Much simpler and cleaner.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20