Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2009 02:32:09 +0100
From:      "barbara" <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        "pyunyh" <pyunyh@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Lock enabling onboard lan (Attansic L1 GbE) on 7.1-PRERELEASE

> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 08:29:57PM +0100, barbara wrote:
> >
> > Any news about that?
> >
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-January/047527=
.html

> I'm sorry, I forgot this issue which was caused by my disk crash
> happened in the end of Jan, 2009.
> I've updated age(4) patch in the following URL.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/age/age.diff
>
> Please test the with
> 1. shutdown your box
> 2. remove power cable and wait 5 min.
> 3. unplug UTP cabble
> 4. boot and see whether age(4) does not lockup your box
> 5. plug UTP cable and see whether age(4) can send/receive traffics
>
> And please do
> 1. reboot your box with UTP cable plugged in
> 2. check whether age(4) works
>
> Please also see whether ethernet MAC address is correctly detected
> in both cases.
>
> Thanks for reminder.

I tried with the last commited version after updating src with no luck: s=
till hang on boot (actually it hangs when I kldload it, as I removed it f=
rom my KERNCONF, so I can boot with the NIC enabled).
Then I applied your patch and, as with the previous one you asked me to t=
ry, it's working.

I did the two tests exactly how you asked and everything seems fine.
The MAC address is correct in both cases.
The connection is working and I did some huge file transfer with ssh with=
 another pc with performance comparable with my rl0 (I think at the limit=
s of a 100Mbps net, imposed by my router).

Here you can find my dmesg -a
http://pastebin.com/f4afd50db
If you have any other test I can do for you, please ask.

Do you have any idea if it will included it 7.2-RELEASE?

Thanks
Barbara