Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:03:54 -0500
From:      "Ed Mullins" <edmull@galaxy.galstar.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD installation..

In the FreeBSD install (using the boot.flp image, and attempting to
install via anonymous FTP), when it starts comitting, when it gets to the
"Doing newfs ......." info. dialog, it will start lightly accessing the
hard drive every 5 seconds, and continue doing this forever.  I let it run
for over 4-5 hours, and it was still doing the same thing.

I've tryed with 2.1.0, and 2.2-061296.  I've tryed my letting it use my
entire HD, and tryed just letting it use half of it, and letting Win95 use
the other half.  It's a Western Digital 540 MB IDE drive, the system is a
486SX2/50, and I have 8 megs of RAM.

Have any solutions?  Thanks.

Ed Mullins <edmull@galstar.com>